qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Request to include QPID-3143 in the 0.10 release
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2011 16:08:40 GMT
I feel that this change should not be included in the 0.10 release.

I think we are too close to release (RC1 is due tomorrow yes?) and that
there isnt significant enough testing in this area to provide enough
confidence when making what is actually an appreciable change in client
behaviour at this stage.

So far as I can tell from the quick look I've taken so far
AddressBasedDestinationTest is the only test which exercises the Addressing
code to any extent, and does so often by prefixing the address strings with
'ADDR:' because the test profiles are all running set to use the old
BindingURL syntax. As a result it would seem we ultimately arent testing the
precise execution paths for many operations users will undertake at all.

Robbie