qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Suriarachchi <amilasuriarach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 0.10 release update - RC1 and status
Date Sat, 19 Mar 2011 06:55:41 GMT
I tried to create a durable queue like this

queue = queueSession.createQueue("myQueue;{create:always, node:{durable:
True}}");
        QueueSender queueSender = queueSession.createSender(queue);
        queueSender.send(textMessage);

and getting this exception.

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Boolean cannot be cast to
java.lang.String
    at
org.apache.qpid.client.messaging.address.AddressHelper.getDurability(AddressHelper.java:237)
    at
org.apache.qpid.client.messaging.address.AddressHelper.fillInCommonNodeArgs(AddressHelper.java:222)
    at
org.apache.qpid.client.messaging.address.AddressHelper.createQueueNode(AddressHelper.java:215)
    at
org.apache.qpid.client.messaging.address.AddressHelper.getSourceNode(AddressHelper.java:254)
    at
org.apache.qpid.client.AMQDestination.rebuildTargetAndSourceNodes(AMQDestination.java:888)
    at
org.apache.qpid.client.AMQSession_0_10.resolveAddressType(AMQSession_0_10.java:1272)

thanks,
Amila.

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 9:26 PM, Justin Ross <jross@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Mar 2011, Robert Godfrey wrote:
>
>  I know Gordon said:
>>

>> "Specifically I'd suggest that unless anyone has specific updates to the
>> following artefacts - and volunteers to verify the artefact for the
>> release
>> - we remove them from the published list:
>>
>> qpid-dotnet-0-8-0.10-beta.zip
>> qpid-dotnet-0-10-0.10-beta.
>> zip
>> qpid-ruby-0.10-beta.tar.gz
>>
>> This will avoid giving false impressions about ongoing maintenance for
>> these
>> clients"
>>
>> But I think that if we are going to actually do this, we should formally
>> vote for it, and move the codebases for these artefacts into an "attic"
>> directory or similar.
>>
>> I'm not against removing unloved and unmaintained code... but I do feel
>> that
>> we should vote before adding or removing artefacts to/from the release.
>>

> Okay.  I'll restore these to RC2 unless there's a vote to remove them.
>
> Justin

> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.