qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Kennedy <andrewinternatio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Qpid and AMQP 1-0: Plans?
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2011 08:36:14 GMT
On 24 Mar 2011, at 14:34, Rafael Schloming wrote:
> Yes, I think that would be useful. In fact I've already taken a
> very brief look at umlgraph which is purported to be able to
> automatically produce UML diagrams from annotated java code. From
> what I understand it's basically just a doclet that processes the
> class hierarchy and produces a graphviz representation. This might
> be a good place to start, it would be easy to throw together a few
> skeletal java classes that match the interfaces currently in the
> python prototype.

I have also used PlantUML [1] to successfully document some of the
0-10 Java classes, adding sequence diagrams to the existing Javadoc.
UMLGraph [2] looks very similar. Either way, formal notation like
this in a language agnostic format is the way forward for documentation.

[1] http://plantuml.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://www.umlgraph.org/

Andrew.
--
-- andrew d kennedy ? do not fold, bend, spindle, or mutilate ;
-- http://grkvlt.blogspot.com/ ? edinburgh : +44 7582 293 255 ;

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org