qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: "Attic" area in svn; any ideas? (was Re: [VOTE] Stop publishing release artefacts for unmaintained components (was Re: 0.10 release update - RC1 and status))
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 13:51:41 GMT
On Fri, 2011-04-01 at 09:44 -0400, Andrew Stitcher wrote:
> * So I suggest just adding a sibling directory at the very top level of
> trunk etc called obsolete and keep things in this for 1 release and
> delete it.

Making my own bikeshed: I wasn't clear enough in this last paragraph, I
meant to say keep obsoleted items in this area for 1 release then delete
_them_ (these items have been obsolete in truth somewhat longer than 1
release already).

The logic being that if someone does come forward to maintain an item
it's easier to recover the code (somewhat) if it's still in the tree,
but if there's no interest after another release cycle then deleting
unused code promotes tidiness, and it can still be recovered from the
SCM.