qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject "Attic" area in svn; any ideas? (was Re: [VOTE] Stop publishing release artefacts for unmaintained components (was Re: 0.10 release update - RC1 and status))
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 08:30:57 GMT
On 03/31/2011 08:08 PM, Robert Godfrey wrote:
> Also, I forgot to add, should we not move the code into an "attic" or
> something.  If we're not going to support the codebase, lets be very clear
> about it?

Yes, we should also modify the svn directory structure in some way to
make it obvious that the code for those components is no longer being
actively maintained.

However for 0-10 my most immediate concern is simply not publishing
obviously stale artefacts as I believe that gives a very misleading
picture to users. I'd like to go ahead with the vote for that aspect and
then have a separate debate resulting in some proposals for an attic
area or alternatives.

Anyone with thoughts or preferences on the ideal changes to svn
structure, please respond.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org