qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Proposed fixes for 0.10 (was Re: What is our strategy for "errata" and/or "hot fixes" ?)
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2011 14:36:11 GMT
On 04/20/2011 09:43 AM, Alan Conway wrote:
> On 04/19/2011 02:31 PM, Alan Conway wrote:
>> On 04/19/2011 12:26 PM, Rajith Attapattu wrote:
>>> Based on the comments so far it seems that delaying the 0.10 release
>>> is probably a better idea.
>>> I agree with Carl and Steve that erratas can be time consuming and may
>>> actually be detrimental to our overall goals.
>>>
>>> For now lets hold on to the release a bit and see what needs to be
>>> done to fix QPID-3214& QPID-3216.
>>> Based on that we can make a call to just release note it and fix it in
>>> 0.12 or whether we can safely fix them for 0.10
>>>

>> If we are holding up 0.10 release I'd like to propose these two fixes:
>>
>> QPID-3215 cached exchange reference can cause cluster inconsistencies if
>> exchange is deleted/recreated
>> QPID-3208 Exchanges make best effort to route messages if there is an error.
>>
>> They are not regressions but both can cause cluster brokers to shut down (and
>> have for at least one user.) The fixes are low risk and already on the trunk.
>>

> I'd like to add this trivial fix:
>
> QPID-3217 Exchanges with IVE option cause cluster inconsistencies in updatees
>
> All 3 are on trunk and have had code review.

I'd  like to add 2 more - this is the final list:

QPID-3208 Exchanges make best effort to route messages if there is an error.
QPID-3215 cached exchange reference can cause cluster inconsistencies if
exchange is deleted/recreated (2)
QPID-3217 Exchanges with IVE option cause cluster inconsistencies in updatees
QPID-3221 Fix bug in Cluster::timerDrop - calling wrong function
QPID-3202: Clustered broker shuts down with "unknown connection" error

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org