qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Danushka Menikkumbura <danushka.menikkumb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Creating vhosts dynamically in Java broker
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 06:21:40 GMT

> From what I understood, the primary reason Danushka is looking to have a
> virtual host per tenant is for access control.
> Is that correct ?

Plus object distinction.

For an example, users in different tenants should be able to create a
destination with the same name but they should have distinct names in the
broker. So tenant T1 and T2 should be able to create queue Q so that they
have distinct names in the broker. (say T1-Q and T2-Q)

> That is each tenant has a unique id/prefix/name and all exchanges and
> queues setup for them can use this prefix.

Rajith, will this help the scenario that I have mentioned above?. If so then
I am through :-). Thank you!.

Thanks,
Danushka