qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "Attic" area in svn; any ideas? (was Re: [VOTE] Stop publishing release artefacts for unmaintained components (was Re: 0.10 release update - RC1 and status))
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 14:10:08 GMT
/attic outside of trunk gets my vote

The whole point is to remove items from the normal checkout, but I'm happy
to leave them in a place where people could still see and get them easily
enough if they wanted. By deleting, it becomes more of a pain for people to
inspect the old code (which they may actually be using a version of even if
we don't support it) or create patches against it etc should they want to
without actually reviving the whole lot back to trunk. Things may never be
truly deleted from the repo, but 'deleting' them does make it more of a pain
to ever do anything with it again.

Robbie