qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Suriarachchi <amilasuriarach...@gmail.com>
Subject Accessing Qpid Broker (java) through an internal API
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 02:46:12 GMT
hi,

The normal way to access the Qpid Broker (java) is to start it as a separate
jvm process and connect through the jms client API. which in tern creates a
tcp connection and send the message as a AMQP message.

We can also strat the Qpid Broker at the same jvm and do the same as well.
For an example we can use following code to start Qpid inside the same
client jvm. (Is there any other API can be used instead?)

 System.setProperty(Main.QPID_HOME, qpidServiceImpl.getQpidHome());
            String[] args = {"-p" + qpidServiceImpl.getPort(), "-s" +
qpidServiceImpl.getSSLPort()};
            Main.setStandaloneMode(false);
            Main.main(args);

In such a case, is there a way to directly invoke some Qpid internal APIs
with out creating the tcp connection through jms client API and making an
AMQP request? In other words is there a way to drop the performance over
head which is introduced by creating a separate tcp connection and
serializing to call to an AMQP message?

And also what is the different between using tcp protocol vs vm? As I belive
it is some thing used when Qpid server is accessed within the same jvm. Does
that prevent requests to serialize to AMQP? How much performance improvement
can achive using that?

Appritiate your input regarding this.

thanks,
Amila.