qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: QMF Questions....
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 13:17:39 GMT
On 06/30/2011 12:50 PM, Gordon Sim wrote:

>>> No, I'm afraid not.
>>
>> This should however be trivial to add and quite useful.
>>
>> add an R param for it to management-schema.xml, and the initialize it in
>> the construction of the queue.
>
> I think a more useful change would be to expose the current broker
> configuration.
>
> If you want to modify the schema for the queue then I think the right
> approach is to explicitly model the actual policy values in use (at
> present it is just the arguments presented when the queue was created
> that are exposed).

I think it would be better to add the defaults to the queue args on
queue construction. that way they will

a.) show up in QMF data,
b.) it is simpler and we don't have to maintain a separate model,
c.) if the queue is persisted and then restored, it will restore with
the defaults at the time of creation, and not be affected by config
changes, or broker updates

Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org