qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Ideas to rationalise the Java test profiles.
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 14:48:08 GMT
On 07/04/2011 03:39 PM, Rajith Attapattu wrote:
> Just to add to it, any changes to the Java client should also be
> tested with the cpp test profile.
> Any changes to the client failover mechanism should also be tested
> with the cpp.cluster profile.
>
> I know it's a pain to run all these profiles, especially considering
> each run takes about 30-40 mins.
> But atm there is no better alternative.

I think Keith's suggestion is a very reasonable alternative. It would
mean that the client's 0-10 codepath is always exercised, which I think
is the critical thing. If that were done reliably before checkin I think
it would be an improvement, and by minimising the running time I think
that becomes more realistic.

Of course the handling of subtle differences between the java- and c++-
brokers on 0-10 is something we want to test, but having that done even
nightly by an automated test infrastructure would go a long way there
(provided we actually stay on top of failure reports!).

What I would like is a simple way to run the tests against an externally
started broker. I.e. I can give a port (and optionally hostname and
perhaps authentication details), and then run through the test suite
against a broker I started myself.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org