qpid-dev mailing list archives

From et3w503 <et3w...@yahoo.com>
Subject Why not earse unacked DeliveryRecords?
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2011 07:10:24 GMT
Dear all:

My qpidd server crashed because consumer's behavior.

My consumer program(client) always released message if something could not
be done in Subscribe callback.

But some things are interesting when I looked for the reason why qpidd will
crash.

I found if consumer release message in Subscribe callback, the qpidd server
will not earse unacked DeliveryRecords.

in
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/qpid/trunk/qpid/cpp/src/qpid/broker/SemanticState.cpp?view=markup

line 695.

The size of unacked  DeliveryRecords will increase continually until qpidd
server crashes.

Why not earse unacked DeliveryRecords in SemanticState::release ? or any
other idea to prevent this situation?