qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [QUESTION] Concerning JIRA QPID-2549
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 16:13:54 GMT
On Fri, 2011-08-12 at 02:44 +0200, dsh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I created a FreeBSD port of Qpid 0.10 but am stuck at the issue
> described in #QPID-2549 [1]. Just to understand it completely - does
> the JIRA mean Qpid is completely broken on FreeBSD or would it be
> possible to navigate around the Poller related error messages by
> specifying --without-poller while configuring Qpid?

Unfotunately it means that Qpid won't work on FreeBSD.

What's needed is low level polling code which uses poll() for wide
portability or kqueues for efficiency on FreeBSD. Currently there is
code using epoll() which only works on Linux and code which uses the
Win32 API.

Andrew

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org