qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Kennedy <andrewinternatio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: public facing CI for the C++ components
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2011 10:32:09 GMT
On 23 Aug 2011, at 09:35, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I think it would be a good idea if we could get some public facing CI
> set up for the C++ components. There have been various issues which
> have gone unnnoticed in recent weeks at least in part due to the lack
> of CI as a fallback after not spotting the issues otherwise. We have
> some projects set up for the Java tree on the ASF Jenkins instances
> (more to follow, once we get some issues with the framework sorted
> out), it would be good to get something set up for the C++ broker,
> either directly running there or through its remote results reporting
> abilities.
>
> Any volunteers willing to get involved?

Hi.

I had managed to get a C++ build working on Jenkins on an EC2 instance where I had full control
of the packages installed, namely Boost and AIS/corosync and so forth. I'm not sure whether
it is possible to install these libraries as a normal user, in non /usr/lib locations, and
still build Qpid? If not, this would preclude using the ASF infrastructure to run CI. I will
give it a shot, otherwise I can investigate using Amazon EC2 to run the C++ builds. It should
be simple to have all the CI results reported to the notifications list, regardless of their
origin, although we may need help from infra to accomplish this from an external source.

Andrew.
--
-- andrew d kennedy ? +447582293255 : http://grkvlt.blogspot.com/ ;

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org