qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Wide-area clustering
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 19:38:07 GMT

Use queue state replication and client failover via the address or
failover exchange.

Carl.

On 10/26/2011 03:26 PM, Andrew Kennedy wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm trying to set up clustering with the C++ broker, but I'd like to do this on Amazon
EC2 or similar cloud hosts. The problem with this is that I understand the current clustering
(corosync/open AIS) requires multicast. This isn't available on EC2 or similar, so I'd like
to find out if there are any alternatives or if I've missed some setting in the configuration?

> I just need to run a failover pair of brokers, sharing state for many queues/topics,
which are located in different data-centers or clouds separated by a reasonably large distance
(blast-zone/disaster area for BCP) for my application.

> I read about Red Hat clustering in the docs, but it didn't seem relevant for this use
case. So, is there any alternative resilience mechanism available, that would allow me to
run a failover pair of brokers wide-area? Or, is corosync the only one available, still? ?
I understand the C++ broker has a plugin that implements the resilience, so is there an API
that could be used to add different resilience mechanisms myself?