qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Wide-area clustering
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2011 14:12:52 GMT
On 10/26/2011 08:38 PM, Carl Trieloff wrote:
> Use queue state replication and client failover via the address or
> failover exchange.

A few words of warning... as it stands there are a few operational
issues with that 'feature' you should be aware of:

* if links are down replication events can back up very fast and there
is no way to manage this
* resuming replication is impossible if any events are lost
* its a little cumbersome to configure

[I've been experimenting with a much nicer design proposed by Ted. I
have a working patch but its unlikely to get committed anytime soon]

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org