qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Kennedy <andrewinternatio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 0.14 release update - alpha is available
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2011 17:17:35 GMT
On 31 Oct 2011, at 16h49, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> On 31 October 2011 16:41, Andrew Kennedy <andrewinternational@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 30 Oct 2011, at 18h23, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
>>
>>> It doesnt seem like Oracle distribute it to the central repo and
>>> instead only publish to their own, so the version we use isnt
>>> available there currently (though an older verison does seem to be).
>>> As you know im not a regular Maven user...is publishing POMs that
>>> probably wont work without additional configuration by end users
>>> frowned upon, or just considered par for the course in situations like
>>> that?
>>
>> I think it isn't a problem, but to be nice we should probably add a repository element
to the generated POM which will require tweaking the generation process somewhat.

> Is that permitted for POMs in the central repo?

Hm, you're right, it isn't. As far as I can see there's no issue with a dependency that relies
on a 'Well Known' repository, so maybe 'http://download.oracle.com/maven/' counts as such?
The alternative is to publish their POM, with a 'downloadUrl' section in it:

  <distributionManagement>
    <downloadUrl>http://download.oracle.com/maven/com/sleepycat/je/4.0.103/je-4.0.103.jar</downloadUrl>
  </distributionManagement>
</project>

However, I don't think we can really do that on Maven Central either. At the moment, I think
having the 'qpid-bdbstore' artifact published will be OK, since it is not a dependency of
any other 'qpid-*' artifact, so anyone using it will know that they need the bdb jars as well.
We can document this in the release notes.

Andrew.
--
-- andrew d kennedy ? +7584719571 : http://grkvlt.blogspot.com/ ;

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org