qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Kennedy <andrewinternatio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Wide-area clustering
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 22:28:55 GMT
On 26 Oct 2011, at 20h38, Carl Trieloff wrote:
> Use queue state replication and client failover via the address or failover exchange.
>
> Carl.

Ah, thanks Carl.

I just skimmed over that bit of the documentation [1] when I was reading up on clustering,
but it's obvious now ;) I'll give it a try - it looks like I only need the replication plugin
libraries, not corosync or anything.

Reading the documentation, if I set 'qpid.queue_event_generation' to '1' when declaring a
queue, I assume I can use the Java client to create replicated queues?

[1] http://qpid.apache.org/books/trunk/AMQP-Messaging-Broker-CPP-Book/html/ch01s07.html

> On 10/26/2011 03:26 PM, Andrew Kennedy wrote:
>>
>> I'm trying to set up [...] failover pair of brokers, sharing state for many queues/topics,
[...]

Andrew.
--
-- andrew d kennedy ? PHONE_MISSING : http://grkvlt.blogspot.com/ ;