qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Remove autotools? [Was: Problems building trunk cpp broker since this morning - `src/qmf2.pc.in' not found]
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 15:53:25 GMT
On Fri, 2011-11-11 at 15:24 +0000, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> This kind of thing seems like a good reason to add a CMake build
> project to Jenkins (or, you know, just have 1 build system :p) in
> addition to the autotools build Keith set up. Any takers?

Personally I go for the 1 build system - Cmake.

At present Cmake is very nearly at parity with autotools (given the
recent work I checked in from Jan-Marek Glogowski) and I'd say it would
be feasible (given the available time) to remove autotools and shift to
cmake in the 0.16 time frame.

I think the only remaining work is to make the tests on cmake be at
parity with autotools.

[There's also tidying work we should do, because neither of the build
systems is very pretty or very maintainable at this point, but having
just one would help a lot]

Andrew

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org