qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Cajus Pollmeier <ca...@naasa.net>
Subject Re: nag, nag! (re 0.14 release)
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 13:14:26 GMT
Am 31.10.2011 18:41, schrieb Gordon Sim:
> Just wanted to draw attention to two JIRAs for which we have
> contributed patches waiting to be applied.
>
> The first is QPID-3175[1], SSL support in Python client libraries,
> which adds the ability to do client authentication over SSL from the
> python client. This has been languishing for some time. A new patch
> was added in June in response to earlier comments, the original patch
> was contributed in March. It's a much needed addition to functionality.
>
> The second one is QPID-3464[2], Fix QPID Build on Debian Squeeze. This
> is much more recent but it would obviously be greatly desirable to fix
> as many platform/build issues as possible for inclusion in the 0.14
> release as this minimises frustration and aids adoption.
>
> The issues are currently assigned to Rafi and Andrew (Stitcher)
> respectively. I fully understand that time is a limited resource. If
> you aren't going to be able to address these in time for 0.14
> highlighting that early would at least give us as last opportunity to
> hunt around for another assignee in time for this release.
>
> Anyone know of any others needing to be highlighted?
>
> --Gordon.
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-3175
> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-3464

The debian packaging issues are just cmake related. Jan-Marek is using
cmake instead of autotools. The official debian packages don't use cmake
in the moment.

Feedback: building 0.14alpha for debian worked fine, the tests succeeded.

I've to patch a couple of files to make the tests work in the moment:
would it be possible to include QPID-3572[3] and QPID-3572[4] for the
future release? They should not influence the "normal" builds.

Best,
Cajus

[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-3572
[4] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-3573