qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <gma...@talend.com>
Subject Re: GIT
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 22:05:49 GMT
Working with both, I've found "git pull" to be *much* faster than "svn
update".  It's also much easier to specify which changed files you want
committed/posted.  That said, they're both good.  If you don't want the
full jump to Git perhaps Qpid can practice with Apache's Git Mirror
while still being on SVN.  CXF does that
(http://cxf.apache.org/source-repository.html#SourceRepository-Usinggit)
and maybe a third (?) of the CXF team uses it instead of SVN.

Glen

On 11/28/2011 04:39 PM, Carl Trieloff wrote:
> it is a lot easier to merge features, and work with others on changes.
>
> Carl.
>

> On 11/28/2011 04:19 PM, Steve Huston wrote:
>> What benefit is there to using git?

Glen Mazza
Talend Community Coders
http://coders.talend.com