qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GIT
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 22:38:09 GMT
I would look closest at the ones that arent using it to see why they
cant or dont want to, and base the decision largely on that. For the
many already using it, do they care about the bits we dont currently
get through lack of direct git write access?

Robbie

On 28 November 2011 22:28, Justin Ross <jross@redhat.com> wrote:
> After some more discussion, let's take a straw poll.  I know many people are
> using git already.  If "many" accounts for most of our contributors, we
> should really consider making the transition.
>
> On Mon, 28 Nov 2011, Rajith Attapattu wrote:
>
>> As Robbie mentioned, most of the git fans are already using git-svn
>> (I'm one of them).
>> So we could perhaps wait for a bit to see how the trial unfolds.
>> My concern is, that not everybody may be ready to use git at this
>> point, so if we switch, then we will be disrupting the work for some
>> folks.
>>
>> Rather than taking a vote, we could perhaps do a survey (anonymously
>> or otherwise)  among our committers to see what they feel about moving
>> to git exclusively.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Rajith
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 5:05 PM, Glen Mazza <gmazza@talend.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Working with both, I've found "git pull" to be *much* faster than "svn
>>> update".  It's also much easier to specify which changed files you want
>>> committed/posted.  That said, they're both good.  If you don't want the