qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Kennedy <andrewinternatio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 0.14 release update - alpha is available
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 07:16:38 GMT
On 31 Oct 2011, at 16h49, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> On 31 October 2011 16:41, Andrew Kennedy <andrewinternational@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 30 Oct 2011, at 18h23, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
>>
>>> It doesnt seem like Oracle distribute it to the central repo and
>>> instead only publish to their own, so the version we use isnt
>>> available there currently (though an older verison does seem to be).
>>> As you know im not a regular Maven user...is publishing POMs that
>>> probably wont work without additional configuration by end users
>>> frowned upon, or just considered par for the course in situations like
>>> that?
>>
>> I think it isn't a problem, but to be nice we should probably add a repository element
to the generated POM which will require tweaking the generation process somewhat.

> Is that permitted for POMs in the central repo?

Further research of, e.g. 'lucene-bdb' and 'activemq-bdb-store' POM files in Maven Central
indicates that the simply include a reference to the 'com.sleepycat:je' artifact, so I see
no problem imitating this behaviour. We should probably link to the Oracle page on BDB Maven
access in the release notes when mentioning the extra Maven artifacts. The relevant page is
here:

	http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/berkeleydb/downloads/maven-087630.html

I have additionally upgraded the BDB version to 4.0.117, as this is the version in the 4.0.x
stream that Oracle publish links to, including the POM file. See the download page, here:

	http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/berkeleydb/downloads/index-098622.html

Cheers,
Andrew.
--