qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: handling no-local for existing queues
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 21:59:15 GMT
<*snip*>

>>> The client currently only sends the no-local argument during queue
>>> creation as you mentioned, but there is support in the protocol for
>>> adding arguments to subscriptions so it could potentially be added
>>> there too (The protocol actually has a no-local field on the file and
>>> stream consume methods, so why it doesn't on the standard subscribe
>>> method I'm not sure).
>>
>> I vaguely remembered something like this hence the question.
>> Again speaking with Gordon I found the C++ broker does not support
>> no-local being sent as an argument during subscription.
>> However given the requirements around no-local for JMS I believe we
>> can just get away with Topics and not worry about Queues.

The "interesting" problem is durable subscriptions I would have
thought - which are essentially queues.  A client can disconnect, and
a new connection subscribe, both with no-local set, but obviously
"no-local" now has a different meaning (since the connection in
question is different).

-- Rob

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org