qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Outstanding open JIRAs
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2012 23:59:37 GMT
Hi everyone,

As you may or may not have noticed from the hundreds of emails I have
no doubt generated (I kept some of the traffic off the dev list with
bulk changes, but you cant fix some things in bulk without losing
data), I have been on some JIRA cleanup sprees both recently and in
spots over the last several months. This included resolving completed
and/or redundant JIRAs as well as moving obviously incomplete ones to
different fix-for versions, archiving some of our ancient versions,
and removing a few Components that were either duplicates,
obviously-defunct, or the contents of which seemed far better served
by identification though use of Labels.

One of the things I was aiming to do was clear the released versions
of outstanding JIRAs so they dont show up on the front pages as being
incomplete, as it was a little ridiculous that we still had things
open for released versions going back to 2008. I have now got that
number down to a grand total of 2 which I'm not too sure whether to
resolve or bump forward, so can their respective owners noted below
(or anyone else with a clue) please do so:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-3369 (Alan)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-3079 (Ken)

I am sure there is still a vast amount of cruft in JIRA that we can
tidy up, there are still almost 500 open issues which seems more a bit
much. I dont have anywhere near enough knowledge about many of the
non-Java components to judge whether a lot of issues can be closed or
not (short of them basically saying 'we will never do this' or 'this
is done' and having commits..which, surprisingly, several actually
did), so it would be good id those who do could take a look. This sort
of thing would be *so* much easier to do if we could get things into a
managable state and then keep it there with mere minutes of attention
now and then.  I'm not done looking at the Java stuff, I'm sure there
are still duplicates and invalid things that can be closed and I know
there are still several open JIRAs for the Java client that have work
done on them that it should be possible to close (Rajith, I'm looking
at you sitting with the most assigned open issues in the project :P).

Robbie

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org