qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: handling no-local for existing queues
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 17:53:07 GMT
I cross-posted this on the JIRA so I'll report it here incase anyone
wants a discussion :)

I think the JIRA title is perhaps a little misleading, given the
number of tests running that show it does work to an extent. Perhaps
'doesn't work when used on queues not originally declared no-local'
would be clearer. The BURL usage may always send the queue declare,
but redeclaring a queue that exists wont make it no-local.

The client currently only sends the no-local argument during queue
creation as you mentioned, but there is support in the protocol for
adding arguments to subscriptions so it could potentially be added
there too (The protocol actually has a no-local field on the file and
stream consume methods, so why it doesn't on the standard subscribe
method I'm not sure).

Robbie