qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Message flush from queue
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 14:26:04 GMT
On 04/18/2012 05:24 AM, Ashok Kumar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using default setting for creating the queue. My application is
> throwing the exception after running for 3000-4000 secs and saying
>
> 2012-04-09 23:52:46 warning Exception received from broker:
> resource-limit-exceeded: resource-limit-exceeded: resource-limit-exceeded:
> Policy exceeded on ccs.topic_d1995999-cdf7-48c7-97bf-029669829374, policy:
> size: max=104857600, current=84000067; count: unlimited; type=reject
> (qpid/broker/QueuePolicy.cpp:87) [caused by 8 \x00:\x00]
> Failed to connect (reconnect disabled)
> not-attached: Session anonymous.caf1c346-0629-4fbf-9248-083d9fd0fb7c isn't
> attached (qpid/client/SessionImpl.cpp:783)
>
> I am suspecting few reasons for that.
>
> 1. Queues are getting filled and publisher is unable to publish the message.
> 2. Messages are not getting deleted after browsed by clients.
>
> I am not sure about the exact reason. I have used qpid-stat tool to get the
> message stat, It is giving the number of incoming and outgoing messages are
> same over the time.
>
> I need help to know , Is there way to drop the message from queue , once it
> gets browsed by client. so that it will stop queue from growth.

Messages aren't deleted by being browsed, only by being consumed. If
there is only one browser on the queue, you could change that to being a
consumer.

There are other ways of alleviating message build up: you can set TTLs
on the message, you can configure the queue to be a ring queue (which
discards oldest messages once capacity is reached), you can set the
queue to be an LVQ if some messages logically replace earlier
messages... none of this give the guarantee that the message is only
deleted once browsed however.