qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: proton: motivation and strategy
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 14:53:44 GMT
On 07/20/2012 04:03 PM, William Henry wrote:
> So to the folks that make decisions on this list:
> Is AMQP more important than "legacy" Qpid?
> Is proton about AMQP 1.0 or about "legacy" Qpid?

Nice summary,

a.) I would say Proton is about making it easy for anyone to use AMQP 1.0
b.) In so doing it should naturally be the best solution to help Qpid
(Broker and Clients / API etc) get to AMQP 1.0

I don't think we need to over think it.  I would expect over time we may
land up with broker, clients, proton, qmf etc subprojects under Qpid.

Carl.