qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Mueller ...@iit.de>
Subject Re: [proton] can't parse a SwiftMQ 1.0 AMQP client protocol stream
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 19:58:01 GMT
Proton will be *the* state machine that implement exactly this logic. Rob & Rafi presented
it at the AMQP workshop in Newcastle and it is awesome. I know they work hard to get this
out and I don't think it will take that long until there are docs so that you can use it.
I would just wait a bit and then integrate it into Apollo.

I really appreciate that you are going to support AMQP 1.0 in Apollo. This will increase momentum
a lot.

--
Andreas Mueller
IIT Software GmbH, Bremen/Germany

Am 03.07.2012 um 21:07 schrieb Hiram Chirino:

> Thanks.. works great now.
>
> I've started to work on adding AMQP 1.0 support to ActiveMQ's Apollo broker
> and I was hoping I could use QPIDs proton-j library to avoid duplicating
> the work of maintaining the AMQP conneciton/session/link state logic.  But
> it seems like there are still lots of un-implemented bits in proton-j :(
> ... Any idea when that might flesh out a bit more.
>
> On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godfrey@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> OK... I've made a change to the proton codec code to properly support
>> the list0 encoding, and this now decodes the SwiftMQ stream in the
>> test case.
>>
>> -- Rob
>>
>> On 3 July 2012 15:06, Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godfrey@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> OK, looks like this is a small bug in the proton codec where I haven't
>>> updated it to include the "empty list" optimised encoding that was
>>> introduced after I originally wrote the codec... and seems like the
>>> implementations we've been testing against don't use that optimised
>>> encoding...
>>>
>>> If I can drink enough coffee to stay awake this afternoon then I shall
>>> try to fix it...  Fixing the codec to generate better error messages
>>> is a task for another day :-)
>>>
>>> Apologies
>>>
>>> -- Rob

>> some
>> was
>> checkout the

> --
>
> **
>
> *Hiram Chirino*
>
> *Software Fellow | FuseSource Corp.*
>
> *chirino@fusesource.com | fusesource.com*
>
> *skype: hiramchirino | twitter: @hiramchirino<http://twitter.com/hiramchirino>
> *
>
> *blog: Hiram Chirino's Bit Mojo <http://hiramchirino.com/blog/>*
>
> *
> *
>
> *
> *

IIT Software GmbH
Fahrenheitstr. 1, D28359 Bremen, Germany
Tel: +49 421 2208-166, Fax: +49 421 2208-167
Amtsgericht Bremen, HRB 18624, Geschaeftsfuehrer: Andreas Mueller
Steuernummer: 71/572/04100, VAT: DE199945912