qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [proton] can't parse a SwiftMQ 1.0 AMQP client protocol stream
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 20:15:30 GMT
On 3 July 2012 21:07, Hiram Chirino <hiram@hiramchirino.com> wrote:

> Thanks.. works great now.
>
> I've started to work on adding AMQP 1.0 support to ActiveMQ's Apollo
> broker and I was hoping I could use QPIDs proton-j library to avoid
> duplicating the work of maintaining the AMQP conneciton/session/link state
> logic.  But it seems like there are still lots of un-implemented bits in
> proton-j :(  ... Any idea when that might flesh out a bit more.

The idea of proton is to provide the full necessary logic for anyone
wanting to incorporate AMQP 1.0, and we expect it to be full comprehensive
in terms of implementation.  The C implementation is general leading the
Java implementation by a few weeks, with a common test suite being
developed in Python to ensure complete compatibility between the APIs (at
some point soon we'll also start work on a JavaScript version).

There are aspects of the protocol which currently aren't accessible through
the Proton API, and we should be trying to identify those gaps as quickly
as possible and defining the necessary API enhancements.
All help/suggestions on this would be appreciated - it's very much our aim
to make Proton as easy to integrate for other messaging products as
possible.

I think our aim is to have a "preview" release of the C and Java versions
of Proton with a fairly good stab at the API in the next few weeks, with
rapid evolution following that as we close out any remaining missing
functionality.

Cheers,
Rob