qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Weston M. Price" <wpr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Maven build?
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 19:54:04 GMT

On Jul 23, 2012, at 3:22 PM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:

> I think its safe to say Maven is a lot more mature now than it was back
> then, and is much more widely used. The issues that existed then certainly
> don't seem to bother the massive numbers of large projects using it today.
>
> Given how popular it is with other developers as a build system and as a
> route for their projects to consume artifacts, I'd generally be in favour
> of making the switch if only to be nice citizens to prospective users of
> proton.
+1
Notwithstanding my personal dislike of maven, it seems to have become the de facto standard.
Although, we could use Ivy+Ant like we do in the current code base. This would be my personal
preference but the maven thing has truly become a 'if you can't beat them, join them' thing
for me so I would be fine either way.

Weston