qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Darryl L. Pierce" <dpie...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Address: Name cannot be null
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 15:07:27 GMT
On Fri, Aug 03, 2012 at 10:05:04AM +0100, Gordon Sim wrote:
> My guess it is somewhere in the mapping of the reply-to, either at
> the client or at the server, that something is going wrong in the
> perl binding. Turn on logging of the protocol trace as an easy way
> to see which end is at fault here.

In client.py the code is now printing the reply-to address. This is just
before the call to $sender->send():

request.reply-to.name is bfd1013d-cef0-4e70-af3a-50ebb30b762b#response-queue

In the output for qpidd with trace enabled I see:

2012-08-03 10:58:24 [Model] trace Mgmt create queue.id:bfd1013d-cef0-4e70-af3a-50ebb30b762b#response-queue

But with the server.py the following output is shown when the request's
reply-to address name is printed:

request.reply-to.name is
Error: no reply address specified for request:

> The test is also probably not doing what is expected. It is testing
> that the address is a real object, not that it has a name. In c++
> there is an automatic conversion to bool for an address that returns
> false if the name is null. That is likely not available through the
> mapping and needs some alternative or equivalent.

I added an override to the bool operator and it's now properly checking
the name.

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/