qpid-dev mailing list archives

From keertiraj Patil <keert...@gmail.com>
Subject Regarding Java Client Issue with AMQP broker
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 10:38:06 GMT
Hi,

I am working on Java application where, the Java Client connects to Apache
QPID (uses AMQ protocol). Currently i am using 0.12 version. Here is the
maven dependency:

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
  <artifactId>qpid-client</artifactId>
  <version>0.12</version>
</dependency>

The Java client fails to reconnect after the AMQP broker restart. Here is
the scenario:

Reconnecting to the AMQP broker when loader is disconnected is currently
not supported. I have simulated the behaviour as:
1. I have started JBoss with Application deployed
2. I have stopped amqp broker
3. I have seen this exception in the log:

2012-04-11T14:59:13.309 CEST ERROR
[org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnectionDelegate_0_10] (IoReceiver -
ipaddress) connection exception: conn:1ab8f30a
org.apache.qpid.transport.ConnectionException: connection aborted
        at org.apache.qpid.transport.Connection.closed(Connection.java:541)
        at
org.apache.qpid.transport.network.Assembler.closed(Assembler.java:110)
        at
org.apache.qpid.transport.network.InputHandler.closed(InputHandler.java:202)
        at
org.apache.qpid.transport.network.io.IoReceiver.run(IoReceiver.java:150)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The problem is after re-start of the broker again, the client never
reconnects. As of now the only solution is to re-start the application
server. Canyou please suggest the solution.

I did test the application with 0.16 version too. Still the issue persists.
Can you please suggest in which release this issue is planned to be
resolved? Is there any work around?. I have created a JIRA issue QPID-4198
for this.

Thanks, Keertiraj