qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: qpid-cluster broker recovery failed
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2012 13:36:20 GMT
On 09/21/2012 02:33 AM, wei6rong wrote:

> hi,
> no, in my default --module-dir
> [root@localhost daemon]# pwd
> /usr/local/lib/qpid/daemon
> have following lib
> [root@localhost daemon]# ls
> acl.la  cluster.la  ha.la  msgstore.so     replicating_listener.la  replication_exchange.la
 ssl.la  watchdog.la  xml.la
> acl.so  cluster.so  ha.so  msgstore.so_16  replicating_listener.so  replication_exchange.so
 ssl.so  watchdog.so  xml.so
> [root@localhost daemon]#
>
> and you can see, the fail message is "Unsupported transport type: tcp", not ssl or rdma,

Sorry! I missed that.

The errors:

> 2012-09-20 16:44:37 [Broker] error Link connection to 172.26.184.35:5682
> failed: Unsupported transport type: tcp (qpid/broker/Broker.cpp:1006)

certainly look like they are recovered links.

The TCP support is compiled in to the broker, but the factory is only
registered when the plugins are initialised.

However, the store is recovered *before* the plugin initialisation. That
seems to me to be a bug.

Do the links eventually get created? I.e. do the errors stop eventually?
The link management logic should keep retrying (with a backoff strategy)
until they are established, and the plugins should all eventually be
initialised.