qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rajith Attapattu <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AMQP 1.0 support for JMS client via Proton
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 12:52:21 GMT
On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 8:34 PM, Steve Huston <shuston@riverace.com> wrote:
> Good start to this discussion, Rajith.
>
> I haven't worked with the current JMS client, so I'm not sure what the
> "nagging issues" are, but my first reaction to the #2 path is it may give
> you more opportunity for support in more environments over time. I can
> envision proton going into environments where Qpid may not be, such as
> embedded and low-power situations.

Steve, there has been several inquiries about using AMQP in mobile environments.
I would assume Messenger API (defined in proton) is going to be more
attractive in those env's due to it's low footprint.
JMS may not be as attractive an option as the above (or even the
Messaging API defined in Qpid) due to dependencies and even
restrictions in some cases.
For example the javax namespace is not allowed in Android.

Regards,

Rajith