qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Nitin Shah <ns...@btisystems.com>
Subject What is the Impact if one closes a receiver
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 15:25:27 GMT
Hi,

Can someone answer what happens in Qpid C++ implementation version 0.18 when:

1.       Having created a receiver and a thread is performing receives  for all receivers
created using the getNextReceiver( ) with a timeout and at some point later, another thread
decides to close the receiver via the receiver.close() call? Can we assume that receiver is
permanently removed?

2.       If one wanted to add a new receiver at some point later,  which is exactly the same
as the originally created receiver using createReceiver(), is that ok to do?  Of course we
are assuming that the nextReceiver()  after the create call will return the newly created
receiver when that receiver has any data.

Are these valid assumptions? The documentation does not seem to give me an answer.

In a nutshell, we are trying to add and remove receivers at will.

Thanks

Nitin

[cid:image001.png@01CDA545.404CE4C0]