qpid-dev mailing list archives

From eugene <eugen.ra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: x-bindings misunderstanding
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2012 11:20:50 GMT
Hello Gordon,

Sorry about the last email, seems like stuff are working now, sort of.
But I think I found another problem, to make sure we are on the same path,
here is my Consumer again:

Queue receiverQ  = session.createQueue("receiverQ; " +
				"{create:always, auto-delete:true, exclusive:true,
node:{x-bindings:[{exchange:'amq.topic', key:'producerQ'}]}}");
MessageConsumer consumer = session.createConsumer(receiverQ);
consumer.setMessageListener(new MyMessageListener());
while(true){}

And my producer:

String ALTERNATE_EXCHANGE = "amq.topic";
String requestsQueue  ="producerQ34; {create:always,
node:{x-declare:{auto-delete:true, exclusive:true, alternate-exchange:
'"+ALTERNATE_EXCHANGE+"'}}}"; // +
Session session = createSession();
MessageProducer producer =
session.createProducer(session.createQueue(requestsQueue));
TextMessage message      = session.createTextMessage("Some Payload");
producer.send(message);
Thread.sleep(10 * 1000);

Start broker, start Consumer, start Producer, kill Producer.
Expected: message will come into the Consumer I have.
De facto: It does.

Everything is fine in the case above.

Then, without restarting the broker:

Edit the key in the consumer:

Queue receiverQ  = session.createQueue("receiverQ; " +
				"{create:always, auto-delete:true, exclusive:true,
node:{x-bindings:[{exchange:'amq.topic', key:'123producerQ456'}]}}");

Start Consumer, start Producer, kill Producer.
Expected: because the routing key is different, the message should not come
into the consumer.
De facto : it does.

It looks like the broker does some caching, because if I re-start the
broker, and run the case above(case 2), no message hits my listener.

btw, I can post the code on bitbucket of alike, in case you need it.

I sent the logs also to your email.

Thank You,
Eugene.