qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [C++ etc] is the gentools dir used by the C++ etc builds?
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2012 20:38:24 GMT
On Mon, 2012-12-17 at 14:26 +0000, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I raised QPID-4458 to remove a couple of jars in the gentools dir from the
> repo (I didnt notice them when doing QPID-3994) and have them downloaded
> using Ivy instead like all the other dependencies are. In re-doing the
> changes (first attempt missed a bit) I decided to look into what actually
> uses the contents of the qpid/gentools dir, and in the end I think it could
> be only the Java tree that uses it (and only some of it at that). Does
> anyone know differently?
>
> It appears the C++ tree uses a ruby based generator, and I only spotted one
> reference to gentools in qpid/cpp/src/generate.sh. That reference is in
> form of a compilation attempt, and im not sure that it would even work as
> it doesnt seem to supply the Velocity dependencies in the classpath. I also
> didnt find anything referencing that script, is it actually used anymore?

I'm pretty sure that the C++ build stopped using gentool a loong while
ago (perhaps 4 years?). So if the javaj build still requires it it does
indeed make sense for it to be in the java tree.

I don't think that generate.sh is ever used in the c++ build, so it can
probably be removed completely.

Andrew