qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Darryl L. Pierce" <dpie...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Toward a new Qpid website
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 15:58:05 GMT
On Mon, Feb 04, 2013 at 05:59:50PM -0500, Justin Ross wrote:
> http://people.apache.org/~jross/transom/output/
>
> Hi, folks.  This is the first public draft of the new site I've been
> working on.  I'd appreciate your attention and comments.  I'll be
> incorporating your feedback and producing new drafts on a weekly basis
> until it's time for release, perhaps when 0.22 is ready.
>
> The site should look like the images below:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jross/transom/transom-1.png
> http://people.apache.org/~jross/transom/transom-2.png
>
> If it doesn't, please send me a screenshot of what you get and some
> details about your platform.
>
> I have some more to say about the general information design, but I'll
> save that for a subsequent mail.

Here are the two screen captures I did on my system: the first [1] is
the default, rendered in Firefox on Fedora 18, while the second [2] is
using Arial 12pt on the same. I find the Arial 12pt more appealing to
read.

Also, since most systems these days have screens with >= 1280px wide
displays, can we adjust the width of the webpage accordingly? There's a
lot of empty gutter space on either side that feels wasted. Even if we
constrain the main content to a region, say, 1000px wide (to
accomodating people on older displays) we could still have some common
links or a table on the right that's 280px.

[1] http://mcpierce.fedorapeople.org/news-cycle-14pt.png
[2] http://mcpierce.fedorapeople.org/arial-12pt.png

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/