qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Initial implementation of JMS like selectors for C++ messaging client and broker
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 23:13:02 GMT
Today I checked in an initial cut of JMS like selectors for the c++
messaging client and broker.

For many more details and the work left to go please see QPID-4558 [1]
and its linked issues.

If you have comments or find more problems with the current
implementation etc. that might be the best place to discuss.

If you want to try the selectors out here are some brief notes:

1. Although the selectors will work with both 0-10 and 1-0 the 1-0
support currently can't extract properties from messages so will not be
functional enough for many uses. 0-10 support is fairly complete though
and certainly good enough to try out.

2. There are many missing pieces see [1] for details.

3. Selectors are specified on the as a "qpid.selector" property of links
in the messaging API address syntax: for instance an address might be
like
"queue; {link:{qpid.selector:\"color='blue' and price>100\"}}"

Please give this a try during the 0.22 alpha period and report any
problems you find so we can fix them for the 0.22 release.

I will carry on working on this over the beta period and hope to have
narrowed the missing pieces a lot by the 0.22.

Thanks

Andrew

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-4558