qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Jansen <cliffjan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: get rid of automake build system.
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 18:07:03 GMT
Not that this speaks directly to the issue of instant deletion versus
a more dignified old-folks home retirement, but I would point out that
CMake is the sole build mechanism for AMQP 1.0 support in C/C++.  You
can't avoid it going forward for at least part of your build.

Also since a lot of the test infrastructure is tied to the build
system,  there will be an awful lot of holes showing up fast in the
automake side.

Finally, the effort to allow the automake side to continue to build
(if only to a limping state) may consist of cruel and unusual
punishment for an unlucky developer who is trying to add useful new
features (async store perchance?).