qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release 0.22 RC6 as 0.22 final
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 15:00:15 GMT
On Thu, 2013-05-30 at 09:32 -0400, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> Ah, I see what you mean. This is how it's supposed to work. When
> installing the bindings, those directories are determined by where the
> language's site directories are located and not by the install prefix
> set during the Cmake generation phase. This same case applies to Proton
> as well.

What you say is how proton works, and is arguably the "correct" way to
do it - but unless we've changed something qpid does it (and has done
it) the way Gordon expects.

If you've changed all the bindings to consistently behave in the proton
way this needs to be release noted as it will cause confusion, if it's
not consistent then it's even worse!

DESTDIR does not perform the same function as CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX. The
point of setting a local install directory for qpid and having the build
not fail is so that you can build all the modules you need in the
correct place for the server and client without having to mess around.
If the install fails due to bindings not being installed this really
messes this up, and The qpid build currently has no way of turning the
bindings builds off.

Andrew