qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Ken Giusti <kgiu...@redhat.com>
Subject QPID code reorg/cleanups - please read.
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2013 22:30:25 GMT
Folks,

There's some old QMF-related code in our repo that appears to be quite dead.

If said code is in fact "pushing up the daisies", I'd like to see removed prior to the 0.24
release.

First, there's stuff that I'm almost certain is stone cold dead.  AFAIK, this shouldn't be
used by anyone.  It certainly isn't being maintained.

Specifically:

qpid/extras/qmf/src/py/qmf2-prototype  - experimental stuff done while developing QMFv2.
qpid/cpp/{include,src}/qmf/engine - an attempt to re-write QMFv1 in  C++.
qpid/cpp/bindings/qmf - multi-language bindings for the above 'engine' code

There's other stuff that appears to have shuffled off the mortal coil, but may simply be in
a deep coma [1].  These would be the old QMFv1 agent and console libraries:

qpid/cpp/{include, src}/qpid/agent
qpid/cpp/{include, src}/qpid/console

Anyone still using these libraries?

Justin - would it be possible to push back the start of Alpha?  I imagine removing files could
potentially affect distro stability, wouldn't want that to happen in Beta, right?

[1] http://qpid.2158936.n2.nabble.com/QMF-and-Broker-Management-td7151372.html

--
-K