qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Subramaniam, Ganapathy" <Ganapathy.Subraman...@gs.com>
Subject Broker operation flow
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 07:10:20 GMT
Hello everyone,

I am trying to understand the flow of a message from the client to the broker.  From the broker
code, I see that there are two entry points to access the broker functions. One is when the
socket receives a message, it is decoded and finally the session adapter converts the amqp
message to appropriate function calls on the broker. The second route is that of the management
method provided by the broker which works based on the qmf protocol. Why are there two ways
to do the same thing. Which way is used in which case and which is the preferred way.

Thanks,

M S Ganapathy