qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AMQP 1.0 JMS client - supplementary coding standards
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 16:16:08 GMT
I'm not really a big fan of enforcing commons lang for toString  -
sometimes you want/need to have a specific string representation of an
object.  Similarly I think we should be intelligent in defining equals and
hashCode() methods.

What I'd actually prefer to say is that every object should define a
toString().

In general I'd like to avoid having dependence on external libraries unless
we *really* need to.

On slf4j for logging... I think we should work out what we're going to do
with logging in proton and then see if we want to adopt the same approach.

-- Rob