qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Harvey <p...@philharveyonline.com>
Subject AMQP 1.0 JMS client - supplementary coding standards
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 15:55:33 GMT
Given that the AMQP 1.0 JMS Client sub-project is starting from a clean
slate, this is an opportunity to define some Java coding standards that are
somewhat tighter than our existing ones [1].  I've therefore created a wiki
page for supplementary standards [2] that only apply to this project.

I realise I am laying myself open to accusations of being overly
prescriptive.  However, I find it easier to work with a codebase if
standard things like logging, toString, TODO comments etc are always done
in the same way (unless there's exceptional circumstances).

If you're interested in this topic I recommend that you use Confluence's
"watch page" feature to keep track of further updates.

Comments welcomed.

Phil

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/Java+Coding+Standards
[2]