qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Harvey <p...@philharveyonline.com>
Subject RE: New Defects reported by Coverity Scan for Apache-Qpid
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2013 12:53:41 GMT
I'm in the process of getting this set up.

In a wider context, I would like to work towards a situation where
developers can run a scan against local (ie not yet committed) code. The
rationale is to get feedback about potential issues as early as possible.

For Java code this should be possible by running FindBugs locally (either
from Ant, Maven or using an IDE plugin), using the same rules that we've
set up on Coverity. I think this means we'd check in the rule config
somewhere in svn.

I must confess I don't know what the C/C++ equivalent would be.

Phil