qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Copied QMF management spec
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 23:25:36 GMT
On Wed, 2013-11-06 at 18:50 +0000, Gordon Sim wrote:
> I realise after tracking this down that you did comment in JIRA, but to
> me this would have warranted at least a brief email direct to the list
> (since JIRA comments are easy to miss, at least in my experience).

Apologies, I was under the impression that the management spec was
*extremely* rarely changed.

> I think its a bad idea to have duplicated files. For the management spec
> in particular this is bound to lead to confusion, especially since it
> hasn't been clearly highlighted. I already spent some time trying to
> figure out why changes to the spec had no effect.

I agree entirely.

> The java broker no longer uses this. However I'm not sure whether the
> Java based QMF API does?

I could find no references outside cpp to management-schema.xml, so I
assume the file is not used elsewhere.

> If it does then having two separate copies is not in my view acceptable
> and moving it without checking what works for the other component seems
> unreasonable.

That is why it was duplicated (Justin's preference).

> If it doesn't then I personally don't mind having this moved to the cpp
> tree, but lets remove the other copy to avoid confusion.

I agree, however it is impossible to have a self contained c++ tree at
present without having this file in that tree.

Andrew