qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject [C++] Getting rid of file:line in QPID_MSG
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 16:45:33 GMT
There's a convenience macro QPID_MSG in qpid/cpp/src/qpid/Msg.h that is
used to format exception messages all over the place.

The current implementation includes the "filename:line" source location
where the macro is used.

I propose to take the filename:line out. It is not necessary for
developers (you can  find the source of a message by grepping for the
message text) and it adds a lot of useless non-information to messages
that are read by users. It was my misguided self who put it in there
long ago, if anyone thinks it is really useful please shout now and
we'll argue about it, else I'll excise it. Silence = consent.

Cheers,
Alan.