qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Justin <Justin.Scad...@gd-ais.com>
Subject 2 Client Question: Multiple Receivers & Aborting fetch()
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2014 00:13:15 GMT
Good Evening,

I'm working on a communication framework build on Qpid and I have two issues
that I'm having difficulty solving:

1. I need to be able to support the one-to-many messaging paradigm, but my
current setup isn't doing this. Specifically, I have one application
publishing commands to a queue with an address like:

applicationCommand / applicationName ; { create: always, node:{ type: queue,
durable: true }}

This command is intended for only a single instance of a single application,
however right now it seems only the first instance of that application ever
gets this message (first as in, the first one to grab it from the queue). If
it isn't the right instance, the command never gets to the right place. I
know that I could add additional data to the subjectto avoid this problem,
but is we have other scenarios where queue'd data needs to get to multiple
receivers. Is this possible somehow? I couldn't find anything in x-declare,
but perhaps I missed it.

2. When my applications are destructing, if some thread has a fetch() call
in progress with an infinite timeout, I cannot get that thread to end. My
research seemed to show that calling close() on the session object should
abort a fetch() call, but I am not seeing this work. Is there something else
I should be doing or some other mechanism to force a fetch() call to return
prematurely?

Thanks!
Justin Scaduto